When there is no ERP solution implemented in an organization, business automation is managed by discrete software solutions that work in silos. In the absence of data interaction and exchange, there is always a risk of data inconsistency. Also, it is not possible to expand the standalone systems to the ever growing needs of the business. Data portability is also another big hurdle which becomes severe as the business grows manifold.
All these roadblocks disappear, and the path of business expansion becomes smooth when an ERP system emerges in the scene. With an integrated system that covers entire business processes and sub- processes, there are no data anomalies. Management has a close control over the situation.
- All functions like Sales, marketing, quality control, production, and finance talk to each other on the same platform.
- There are no data integrity issues, and single database ensures consistency.
- No need of a separate application for each function.
- High process standardization.
- Even if there is a big cost involved in the implementation of ERP, there is a huge saving of operative and administrative cost in the long run.
- ERP system can be configured easily. Thus, it offers flexibility with robustness. It can be customized up to a certain extent so that you need not alter each business process to fit into the system.
- If your competitors implement it, then you can’t be laggard by not implementing it. When you are the trendsetter, then there is always the first mover advantage. Therefore, it is always good to have it.
Importance in Construction Industry
Managing business efficiency is the secret of success in any business. However, it is pivotal in the construction business. It is possible to take care of all salient aspects of the business by implementing a good ERP system in the company. Managing contractors, inventory and engineers become as simple as ABC. Operational things become amazingly easy when the system is in place.
Key tasks performed by ERP system in a construction industry
- Cost estimation
- Processing purchase and sales order
- Raising sales and purchase inquiries
- Processing BOM (Bill of Material)
- Managing warehouse
- Handling CRM
- Project planning
It is very much important that the business owner reads everything about the ERP first and finalize a product that suits the needs. A web-based version is the best for Construction Company because multiple projects are running simultaneously at remote locations. Hence, it offers scalability with high levels of security.
In the food and beverage industry
Food and beverage industry is one of the most promising industries today. It is important that a proficient ERP system is installed so that the best food management practices are followed. Since the compliance requirements are heavy in the food industry, managing processes using ERP is essential. It manages the business well, streamlines the process and meets industry specific challenges well. It has the flexibility and adaptability to accommodate the requirements. Evaluate and procure the right system to reap the maximum benefits.
Since ERP solves so many business challenges and offers innumerable business benefits, no wonder, every organization implements it regardless of the size and nature of the business. The advancement in IT standards adds new and new features and functionality to it making the system more user-friendly. As the costs also come down gradually, it becomes a profitable proposition.
Hiring a consultant makes the implementation easy and practical. Hiring a consultant for the same is a brilliant idea. You have a fleet of professionals working hand in hand with your people to make it a huge success.
KNOWARTH has been successfully delivering ERP solutions as well as ERP as a “product” to enterprises globally.
For free consultation Email at email@example.com