eCommerce market is a highly competitive, where website performance and speed plays a major role. Appealing offers and product selections are not sufficient for getting ahead of the competition. Besides these two deterrents, user experience is also an important factor. User- experience comprises of website friendliness, site reliability and speed. Out of all the mentioned factors, website speed is another major factor because somehow it has a direct impact on sales and conversions. Page load time of the website is a deciding factor in determining rank in Google search results.
According to Radware, “It takes only 3 seconds for a customer to disregard a page if it does not load quickly.” According to New York Times statistics, people will visit a site less often if it’s slower than close competitors’ by more than 250 milliseconds. With so many ecommerce options available online it takes only a few seconds for the user to switch to other options. Each and every millisecond can have a huge impact on purchasing behavior and decision making process.
We often come across few sites which drives a huge amount of traffic but all the efforts go in vain if your customers are not completing the intended actions for which the website was built. Though optimization and conversion rate might sound very easy to achieve but in real aspects it is difficult when these things come to implementation. There is no hard and fast rule which guarantees conversion rate but few practices if followed, can improve website performance and hence can convert your visitors to customers.
Here are few tips which can enhance eCommerce website conversion rate:
1. Clear, well-defined goal of eCommerce website: The eCommerce website should have a clear, well-defined goal which explicitly serves business goals and the needs of potential customers. The website should ensure that it showcases its unique value proposition by giving the right information at the right time. Unique value proposition will actually include design, messages, media, content, services and overall experience.
2. Understand your customer: To convert site visitors to customers which is the main goal of conversion rate optimization, it’s very necessary to understand your customers and their behavior. The website should be tailored keeping in mind the target customer and the quantitative data such as Google analytics, sales trends as well as the qualitative data from customer.
3. Easy navigation: In order to attain a high conversion rate, it is very necessary that the website should have an easy navigation. This becomes an important factor that how many click-through it takes for a customer to purchase from your site. The longer the process will be, the more the chances will be of visitors leaving without checking out or opting-in to receive any information from you. It has become very necessary that the website should be mobile responsive as well as nowadays most of the people access web through mobile.
4. Analyze data and make decisions for site optimization: Based on the results of Google Analytics and other visitors tracking software, try to find out the reason behind the switching of visitors from your site to competitors website. Based on these findings, make tweaks, try out A/B testing and find out the method which is more successful in converting visitors to customers.
5. Strong online presence by SEO: Its takes time to rank your website higher in google search results. Therefore, it becomes mandatory that pages should have accurate titles, proper meta tags and appropriate keywords.
6. Use high-quality product images: The goal of the eCommerce website should be to give customers an experience, as real as possible which makes them feel as if they are buying products from physical store. Therefore, use high- quality images.
7. Use high-quality product description: Along with high quality product images, product description also plays an important role. The product description mentioned on the website should provide a solution to your customer’s pain points.
8. Improve Categorization: The more organized your online store will be, the lesser the chances of bouncing back by your customers. Organized online store provides an easy search to the customers and keeps them in flow.
9. Plan out multiple marketing strategies: Relying on single marketing strategy of Paid ads might put you in a trap. There might be chances that utilizing only one strategy might not work or you may lose out large potential customer base and conversions. Therefore, it’s advisable to diversify your marketing strategies like PPC, paid ads with organic search optimization, Social Media Marketing, Email Campaigns etc.
10. Message of the PPC and Paid Ads in alignment with website experience and Unique Value Proposition: Ads need to match the offerings of the website. All the things related to the site from color schemes to pictures, ads, copy and forms should display the same message. Random or mixed message make customers feel lost and this might redirect them to wrong page.
11. Relationship building through Social Media Presence: The best way to showcase your brand is through social media platforms. Sharing content and company announcements on social media sites allows you to engage with your customers. It also allows your customers to spread electronic word of mouth in the form of posts, comments, reviews and feed backs.
These are the best practices which can enhance ecommerce website’s performance. Another powerful and stable ecommerce platform is Magento 2 which plays a vital role in enhancing website performance and making it faster. In addition to this it has default SEO features that bring the buyers and sellers forefront and provide an ease to them to shop online.
kindly email us on firstname.lastname@example.org